נשלח 15 בנוב׳ 2014, 2:22 על ידי Sustainability Org
עודכן 15 בנוב׳ 2014, 2:22
- Improved Health & Fitness: With just three hours of riding each week, your risk of heart disease and stroke is cut in half.
- Time: Biking to work can eliminate the
hassle of trying to figure out how to fit in a trip to the gym for a
work out. You'll already get your exercise for the day in riding to
work, freeing up your schedule for other activities.
- Cost: The average cost of maintaining a
bike is only about $50 to $100 a year - far cheaper than the cost of
owning and maintaining a vehicle. Just the savings in gas, wear and tear
and parking alone make biking to work a smart choice.
- Clean Air: Motorized vehicles are a major source of air pollution. Riding a bike helps improve the environment!
Tips for Riding to Work
- Ride at an easy pace to begin.
- Ride your route on a weekend to find the easiest way to work.
- Make sure that your bike is reliable and in good working order before you ride.
- Keep multiple sets of clothing at work; rotate them on days you drive.
- If it rains while at work, consider taking a bus or carpool to get home and ride home another day.
- Obey traffic signs, ride on the right, signal turns, and stop at lights.
- Wear bright clothing.
- Wear a helmet every time you ride.
- Consider adding a rack to the back of your bike to add carrying capacity.
- Make sure that you have a lock to secure your bike while you are in a building.